..


Saturday, March 8, 2014

❤️ SPRING! ❤️ (Or "Look how easily a seemingly normal blog post turns to Pokemon")

 Just to get back into it, here is a little recap of my last few days, and some photos off my instagram/phone. It's finally warming up again! I now say that with DELIGHT, and no longer the hatred of my old sun-hating vampiric self. It's amazing what living in the World's gloomiest country does to you.

P.S. Listen to this! It's wonderful!



 Yesterday/Today General Life Stuff etc. etc.  

Yesterday me and Sophie went to the Solihull shopping center as it's the only place with an Apple store in a bazillion mile radius. It turned out to be a lovely day so we spent quite a while wandering around outside in the sun dotting from shop to shop.



Sitting in Starbucks waiting for our Apple shop appointment. Got the best people watching seats! Not that there was anything interesting going on because it was a Friday afternoon PRE gaggle-of-school-kids arriving time. (YES, for Fridays off!) (And the gaggles of school kids arrived as we were leaving thank god.)


I got the exact same thing from TGI's as I did the first (which was also the most recent) time I went because I have a tendency of clinging obsessively to my favourite foods in any place I go and being afraid of change. WHAT IF I MISS OUT ON A CHANCE TO EAT MY VERY FAVOURITE THING BECAUSE I'VE CHOSEN A SUBPAR THING?! Nope. 

TGI's also got a +1 because they have an allergy menu meaning Sophie can eat there! Always an exciting revelation. There was only one starter on the menu but there was a load of hummus on it and I love hummus so much that I can't see how that could potentially be a bad thing. 



In between all the food we managed to eat - we had to have a lot of powerbreaks - we also managed to do a bit of shopping. I'm actually really good when it comes to spontaneous shopping... I don't have the money to go out and buy stuff-that's-not-necessary for myself a lot - and when I do, I prioritise stupid stuff rather than things like clothes and accessories. HOWEVER, I haven't had to pay a stupid amount of money to silly things this month so it means I'm able to get stuff!!! I didn't actually buy a lot as I'm still in a stingy mindset and trying to only get ~ what I really really need want ~

Main things were more cute lil' socks to wear, some ribbon-y hair ties and a new pair of sunglasses as there's a chance I might get to use them soon! I also got a pair of shoes which I'm in love with but it's really more for the fact that my old boots are falling apart and now when I wear them when the ground's wet my feet get wet and there are really very few things worse than that. 






Today, meanwhile, was the first day I did not have to wear a coat!!! I got to wear a jacket instead which is kind of annoying as I need to dig out a lot of my jackets now and I don't know where half of them are. Today feeling like Spring gave us an excuse to walk to Subway for lunch and then it meant I could go pick up my bosu ball which finally arrived!


I'm a bully who makes my boyfriend take photos of me when I'm super pleased about the little bow thing I've got in my hair.



Apart from that, all I've really been doing is researching for my Psychopathology essay "Explore representations of Mental Illness in popular contemporary films and potential ethical implications" or something like that, haven't actually figured out the title, and playing Pokemon!!

This was the real point of making this post.

Pokemon!!!



Last time I played it was on my DS BUT me and Joe, after binge-watching Kanto season 1 on netflix the last week, decided to actually start playing it. Last time we played it together ended in a series of horrific fights over each other's playing techniques, who we wanted on our teams, and how to do everything basically. This time, we decided to play the same game, at the same time, separately, which actually makes a whole lot more sense.

In playing Soul Silver now, my team is currently Quilava, Wooper, Hoot Hoot & Flaafy. I've always been a grass starter type, mainly due to my eternal love for Bulbsaur. But frequent disappointments in the latest games mean I generally end up using the fire or water starters. I've played with all starters in Gen II (although It's technically Gen IV as it's the remake OF a Gen II game..) and went with Cyndaquil this time - maybe mostly to do with FLAME WHEEL - ! (Joe went with Totodile.) I also end up getting Hoot Hoot and Mareep purely because I love their evolved forms and I'm one of those people who likes having a full team early on, so you can have a nice balanced team.

I'd forgotten how much I loved these games. The perfect combination of adventure exploring and battle action! Plus the graphics are looking so good - the games were great even when they weren't - and I just love the strategising that comes with rpgs. I'm pretty sure my childhood love for the games led to my later obsessions with other RPGS (read: Final Fantasy & Zelda in particular) and I can remember as a child, playing on my first gameboy with barely any clue what was actually going on but still LOVING IT.

Next gym up is Goldenrod (oh no) so that means Whitney (oh no) and Miltank (oh no.) Normal gyms are always so hard. It's like they have to compensate for the fact that in general, normal pokemon just aren't...very good. (Except now they've turned half of them fairy ugh grumble.) I mean, everyone hates rollout and upon looking at Pokemon stats... SLAKING IS RIGHT UP THERE WITH LEG/PSUEDO-LEG what is up with that. (I'm looking at YOU, Norman-from-Petalberg) 

This post has been a bit of a crazy mess BUT I kind of know where I'm going. I'll probably post a little Pokemon update at the end of each entry depending on where I am, but will also try and post more actual content as well. I seem to just make lists all the time now, but not of anything really interesting!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone, IT WON'T LAST.





No comments:

Post a Comment